Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Valley!

Yes I am fine! It has truly been an act of prayer. As most of you know, I had a mild stroke on this past Wednesday night. It seems from Wed night to Fri mid day or so, things were kind of just not as we hoped. But still, when doc said he wanted to send me to Piedmont in Atlanta, I really wanted to buck it. I knew the decision made sense but I also knew Deb was already worn out and this would just make it worst.


Deb has been wonderful (as usual) in taking such great care of me. My stroke was on the right and right rear side of brain which, if I understand it, controls the left side, memory, and emotions! And truly my emotions have been unreal. From the confusion of what was happening to me, constant short term memory losses, and then add an emotional wreck, I have flat out worn her out!


Anyway, I lost the argument and still had to come to Atlanta. I admit that as far as care and moving forward, it appears to have been the best decision. But truly pray for her as she is worn out.


From the minute I got to the Atlanta hospital, things seemed to begin to really begin to improve. Beginning Saturday night, my swallowing problems completely left and my left arm began to start waking up. Today, the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand have continuously improved beyond my wildest dreams! My leg is still kind of just not working but it will come. All the therapists are talking about my speed in recovering! The emotions are still up and down but today has been better. Late tonight around 9:00, I had a great talk with the main therapist and was told that my leg and emotions both may just take some time. The emotions especially may go from one extreme to the other.


But I'm doing great and your prayers are felt! Please continue and know that I am recovering at a miraculous rate and in fact think I will be home within a few days! I was moved out the the intermediate care unit today and onto the stroke floor which I think will increase my therapy some (it already has for that manner).


Thank you for the flowers which were absolutely gorgeous! Thanks to the kiddos for the Children's Church Get Well Card! And thanks for your continual prayers and keeping on in my absence. Lord willing, I will be back on Sunday!


I will try and continue to keep this blog updated for those that wish to know the latest!


I love you all!

Pastor Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment