Monday, February 28, 2011

What Do You Want Me To Do?

In Luke 18, there is a story of Jesus at the entrance to Jericho. A blind man cries out asking for mercy. Jesus stood still and asked a question that has really given me something to think about.
He said, "What do you want me to do for you?"

It's a simple yet profound question. I realized that He's always asking, always knocking, always present, always - always - always!
Rev. 3:20
"behold I stand at the door and knock. if any man hears my voice and opens the door, I will come and and sup with him"!
He is always asking because He cares for you! He wants to know what is going on in your life, what your hurts and pains are, what weight you are carrying. He wants to help! He wants to encourage!

But there's something else that struck me in that question and that is our answer. What is your answer? I fear that so many times we just assume He's got it covered. It's not that He doesn't know your heart's desire or pain or weight. But He wants us to come to him and 'sup' (have fellowship - have a meal) with Him.

So what's your answer? Shouldn't you tell him!

No comments:

Post a Comment