Monday, December 20, 2010

The Real Church!

What a Day! Wow, it was good to be in "God's House"! It just doesn't matter how blue, discouraged, confused, and even angry, you may be, going to "God's House" is always a blessing and a pickup! Why? Because the 'Church' is not "God's House"! Did I lose you? Oh, I'm not getting 'off the edge' (though some would disagree)! But the 'Church', as we know it, is 'God's People; God's Family'!

We just moved a few weeks ago and I haven't yet organized my library. The books are just 'thrown up' on the shelves! So I can''t put my finger on the book I wish to quote and thus am just going to paraphrase what I read.
The main 'Church' begins on Monday morning and not on Sunday! The ''Church" is the many school teachers, doctors, lawyers, baby-sitters, counselors, entrepreneurs, public officials, homemakers, retirees - all those in the public and private sectors - every believer in our Lord Jesus whom we celebrate this Christmas Season! That's the REAL CHURCH!
What did Jesus say?
Matthew 16:18 (NKJV)
18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.
The word 'church' is not the building, but the people! Now, we go to "God's House" to get re-fueled and prepared for Monday! We go together to praise our Lord as one! There's a great song I love to sing that David Crain wrote called, "Lord, We Praise You Now" and the words the awesome song say this:
"Lord, we praise You Now!
Lord, we praise You Now!
Though as many now we come
To Worship You as one!
Lord, we praise You Now!"

How awesome it is to be in God's House! Now, with that being said, the real question that might need to be asked this Christmas Season is "how are you (as part of 'the church') representing our Lord"? Are you representing the Lord Jesus as He would desire? With all the rushing, elbowing, fussing over that last Christmas Toy, OR are you offering the smile of Christmas so that others see the real Christmas!

On a side-note, if you are one of the many who have lost their jobs, homes, businesses or even a family member this Christmas, I know your season may not seem to be very 'joyful'. Please remember that God is the only true source for peace. Remember a verse that Paul wrote;
Philippians 4:7 (NKJV)
7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
I know, believe me I know as I'm one who is also struggling this season, but I know that sometimes it's hard to look through the clouds to find peace when the clouds represent so much confusion and pain. But God promised NOT to abandon us as He is the true and good Shepherd! If you are having a hard time this season, please feel free to email me and we will encourage each other together!

Merry Christmas
Pastor Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment